Home > Commerce Insights Blog > Dashing Thru the Data Analysis: Order Volume up 14% this Holiday Season

Commerce Insights Blog


Subscribe
Dashing Thru the Data Analysis: Order Volume up 14% this Holiday Season
By Will Devlin
12/12/2013 10:37:00 AM

Total order volume is up 14% this holiday season over 2012 according to our latest stats on the Dashing Thru the Data dashboard. Most of the biggest online shopping days are now behind us, so this is great news for retailers who have navigated a shopping season that’s 6 days shorter than last year.



Last week, Cyber Monday sales were up 25%, capping off an impressive Thanksgiving Weekend that finished up 26%. Average order values over that weekend were up 7%, and total items sold were up 33%. 



Green Monday, which is typically the 2nd Monday in December and one of the busiest shopping days of the year, finished up 7% over 2012. Conversion rates are also up 12% overall to an impressive 5.4%. The rest of this week and next week will close out the shopping before Christmas, especially for online retailers, although next Wednesday is Free Shipping Day, something that’s gained popularity over the past few years.

 

NOTE: If you’ve followed our dashboard this season, you may have noticed that a few of our metrics and charts changed this past week. To stay in line with methodology used by other data sources this holiday season, we’ve changed from a cumulative total analysis to a percentage lift where every client is given equal weight, making our numbers more accurate in terms of how all of our retailers are truly doing.


Currently rated 0 by 0 people

Tags: merrydata, influence & impact, holiday data, research
Categories: Commerce Insights Blog
Bookmark and Share

Comments:

No Comments have been submitted.

   
 
Write your own comment
 
  Your name (required):  
   
  Your email address (required):  
     
  Your website address (optional):  
   
  Submit a Picture No larger than 250kb (optional):  
   
  Submit a video via URL (optional):  
   
  Your comments (required):  
   
   
 
Text From Image:
 
   
 
Include comments
Archive
2016
 
2015
 January (1)
 
 
Recent Posts
Epicor Completes Acquisition of ShopVisible
  Comments: 0
  Rating: 0 / 0
ShopVisible Reveals 24%Increase in Order Volume on National Free Shipping Day
  Comments: 0
  Rating: 0 / 0
ShopVisible Reveals 24%Increase in Order Volume on National Free Shipping Day
  Comments: 0
  Rating: 0 / 0
Epicor to Acquire ShopVisible™
  Comments: 0
  Rating: 0 / 0
5 Universal Tactics to help Increase Conversions
  Comments: 0
  Rating: 0 / 0
Major Online Retailer Rebrands and Re-launches Responsive Design Site
  Comments: 0
  Rating: 0 / 0
How To Get To Omnichannel…Fast
  Comments: 0
  Rating: 0 / 0
ShopVisible Meets Growing Demands of Mid-Market B2B Sellers
  Comments: 0
  Rating: 0 / 0
Direct Marketing News: [Infographic] B2Bs and B2Cs Are Breaking Bad eCom Habits
  Comments: 0
  Rating: 0 / 0
ShopVisible Expands Omnichannel User Experience
  Comments: 0
  Rating: 0 / 0
 
Authors
Allison Howen (1)
BC (2)
Bharat C (2)
Clint Engel -- Furniture Today (1)
DannieB (32)
e-commerce info (1)
E-Commerce Information (1)
Emma G (1)
Glenn Taylor (1)
Jessica Lee (1)
jvm (19)
Karen Marchione (5)
Kendrick (1)
Kendrick Woolford (2)
Lauren Smith (40)
Marketing (118)
marketing@shopvisible.com (3)
Media Coverage (13)
News (2)
Nithya (1)
PAN Communications (1)
Press Releases (10)
Sean Cook (11)
SEO Information (1)
ShopVisible Marketing (21)
Stacy Shade (7)
The Frog (4)
Webster J Frogg (10)
Will Devlin (11)
 
Back to top
 
Close

Contact Us

Tell us a little bit about what you are interested in so we can better serve you

Do you have an RFP you would like us to consider?

Please complete the contact form and indicate that you have an RFP in the message field. When we contact you, we’ll request a copy and respond with a customized solution to meet your needs.

You can get our RFP form here.

Would you like to speak to one of our platform consultants?

Please indicate that you would like to set up a call with one of our team members in the message field of the contact form. We’ll set up a time that’s convenient for you to show you the inner workings of the ShopVisible platform, and answer any technical questions you might have.